Back on it –With Java? Ewww… Oh wait its android.
Have to spin up on yet another new technology. Just finished a Windows 8 store application, now getting ready to take a stab into the Android and IPhone world.
Let’s get started on Installation:
Two paths you can take. You can let the android install take over or you can customize your environment.
From there you can use the Android SDK Manager to Download what you need.
– OR – (Custom)
Java Developer SDK (JDK)
http://developer.android.com/sdk/installing/installing-adt.html to install the ADT for Eclipse.
Download the ADT Plugin
- Start Eclipse, then select Help > Install New Software.
- Click Add, in the top-right corner.
- In the Add Repository dialog that appears, enter “ADT Plugin” for the Name and the following URL for the Location:
- Click OK.If you have trouble acquiring the plugin, try using “http” in the Location URL, instead of “https” (https is preferred for security reasons).
- In the Available Software dialog, select the checkbox next to Developer Tools and click Next.
- In the next window, you’ll see a list of the tools to be downloaded. Click Next.
- Read and accept the license agreements, then click Finish.If you get a security warning saying that the authenticity or validity of the software can’t be established, click OK.
- When the installation completes, restart Eclipse.