The EDI receive pipeline performs party resolution by performing a series of steps to determine whether there is a match between header fields in the message and properties in the EDI party definition. Once BizTalk Server has determined the party, it determines the document schema that applies to the interchange (see below). It uses the properties associated with the matching party and the relevant schema to validate and process the received message.
To perform party resolution, BizTalk Server proceeds as follows:
1. Resolve the party by matching the sender qualifier and identifier, and the receiver qualifier and identifier, in the interchange header with those in the properties of a party.
2. If step 1 does not succeed, resolve the party by matching just the sender qualifier and identifier in the interchange header with those in the properties of a party.
3. If step 2 does not succeed, use the party values specified in the EDI Global Properties.
In the first step, for X12, BizTalk Server will use the following values to make the match:
- ISA05 (sender qualifier)
- ISA06 (sender identifier)
- ISA07 (receiver qualifier)
- ISA08 (receiver identifier)
For EDIFACT, BizTalk Server will use the following values to make the match: